IDIBELL is looking for a Talent Acquisition Trainee for the Talent Unit
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the Unit
The aim of the Talent Unit is to promote IDIBELL’s mission and vision through programs to develop human potential, from recruitment and selection, onboarding and mentoring, to training and professional development, mobility and promotion.
The unit coordinates strategic projects of institutional scope, including the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), by which IDIBELL undertakes to implement the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. It also manages the training and career development program, as well as the Ambassador and Alumni programs.
About the role
The Talent acquisition trainee will support the design of job offers, sourcing candidates through databases and social media, conducting interviews and serve as a go-between for candidates and hiring managers. He/she will work closely with the People team and will participate in all onboarding process and give support in any other activity from the unit.
We would like to hire a qualified and motivated Talent acquisition trainee with excellent communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail in composing, typing and proofreading written material; customer-oriented attitude and with the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. The selected candidate will promote our employer brand, reduce our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the most suitable candidates.
Candidats must be registred as unoccupied job seekers (DONO) Servei Català d’Ocupació (SOC) and be between 16 and 30 years old at the time of starting the contract. Candidates must be registred at the “Fitxer del Sistema Nacional de Garantia Juvenil” as “beneficiari”.
Main responsibilities include:
- Write job adverts based on job descriptors and publish on relevant job portals.
- Support recruitment and selection process for hiring and employee transfer, including background checks, shortlisting, data entry, and document generation.
- Write and send personalized recruiting e-mails with current job openings to passive candidates.
- Document, maintain and communicate core people operations processes to stakeholders, managers, and employees.
- Schedule and conduct new hire onboarding and orientation across local teams.
- Support reporting, auditing, and data management initiatives.
- Track hiring metrics including time-to-hire, time-to-fill and source of hire
- Conduct job and task analyses to document job duties and requirements.
- Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience to develop and implement innovative solutions.
- Experience working in selection processes and onboarding
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (i.e., phone, video conference, and structured)
Education and training
- University degree, preferably in HR Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Excellent human communications skills
- Good knowledge on ofimatic tools
- Good command of the English language
- Candidates must, at least, understand Catalan and Spanish
We will value
- Mastership on talent management or human resources
- Nº of positions: 1 full time trainee contract
- Start date: 01/10/2021
- Contract duration: 6 months
- Estimated annual gross salary: 22,000 euros
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A CV including contact information
- Optionally, a motivation letter addressed to the Head of Talent, Dr. Raül Delgado Morales
Selected candidate will need to be validated by Servei Català d’Ocupació as a valid profile (must be inscribed as “Demandante de Empleo”
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 19 September 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
This contract is thanks to Servei Públic d’Ocupació de Catalunya; de la Generalitat de Catalunya i de la Unió Europea via el Fons Social Europeu i a la Iniciativa d’Ocupació Juvenil. “El Fons Social Europeu inverteix en el teu futur”.