IDIBELL is looking for a Support Researcher to incorporate within the Hereditary Cancer group
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group
The candidate will have the opportunity to initiate and conduct research within the Hereditary Cancer Group at IDIBELL (www.idibell.cat/en/content/hereditary-cancer) under the supervision of Dr. Gabriel Capellá.
The overarching goal of the Hereditary Cancer Group at IDIBELL is to gain insight into the molecular basis of hereditary cancer, to personalize risk assessment to patients and relatives, as well as to individualize management regarding follow-up, treatment and prophylactic measures. Our multidisciplinary group includes basic researchers, clinicians, bioinformaticians, genetic counselors in familial cancer and laboratory technicians, facilitating fully comprehensive studies, data analysis, access to the patients and samples, and the translation of the obtained results to the clinics and genetic counseling.
Successful candidates will join a dynamic, young and well-equipped research group with strong interactions and multidisciplinary research. The group offers a stimulating research atmosphere and an environment in which collaboration and exchange of ideas and techniques is actively encouraged with a strong commitment to research which provides a lively and stimulating environment for young talents.
About the role
We are seeking for a support researcher who will develop a project aimed at defining the sequential molecular events driving early stages of MMR-D carcinogenesis by means of the analysis of 3D-human models of neoplastic transformation. To address this issue the candidate will develop a MMR deficient-iPSC-based colonic and endometrial organoids and characterize their in vivo tumorogenic capacity in animal models.
- Proven experience in molecular genetics and molecular biology.
Education and training
- Degree in cellular molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, biotechnology, medicine, or related discipline.
- Previous participation in research projects
- Advanced technical skills in cellular culture and molecular lab work
- Good command of the English language
We will value, but not required
- Good communication skills
- High motivation and ability to be involved in a multidisciplinary team
- Co-authorship in publications and mobility experience
- N º of positions: 1
- Start date: may 2021
- Contract duration: 3 months
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Gabriel Capellá
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 16 May 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
The project leading to this labor contract has received funding from Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades under the project code ID2019-111254RB-100.