IDIBELL is looking for a Project Manager for the International Projects Unit of the Pre-Award Department.
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group/unit
The Pre-award Department provides support and advice to researchers applying to competitive funding calls. We help them to figure out which is the most suitable call for their project idea and provide them all the necessary information and documentation to apply to the call. We offer researcher support along the whole process until the grant or fellowship is awarded and ready to start.
About the role
- Advice and support researchers in the preparation and submission of international competitive proposals as well as in all aspects of the granting process (approval, contract signature, etc.)
- Identification of funding opportunities and resolution of calls.
- Collaboration in the organization of Infodays, training sessions for the scientific community, etc.
- Communication with funding agencies and national contact points.
- Previous experience in pre-award management of international calls as well as knowledge of European Framework Programmes, NIH and other international funding programs.
Education and training
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree, preferable in life sciences
- Well-organised person with very good attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable person
- Good command of the English language (C1, Certificate in Advanced English or equivalent)
We will value, but not required
- Previous experience in a health/biomedical research environment
- Team player with good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: immediately
- Contract duration: until 31/12/21 (maternity leave)
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Paula García
- A CV including contact information
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 18 April 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).