IDIBELL is looking for Project coordinator for the Unit of Molecular Epidemiology and Genetics in Infections and Cancer
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the Unit
The Unit of Molecular Epidemiology and Genetics in Infections and Cancer (UNIC EMG) aims to increase knowledge of the epidemiological factors of cancers associated with infectious agents (mainly HPV) to further understand the causes and the natural history of these diseases, with a special focus on susceptibility, genetics and the molecular bases. The ultimate goal of the unit is to promote research translatability and to contribute to the development and validation of diagnostic, prognostic and preventive measures.
The UNIC EMG is leading a project (IISP 58230 MSD) that aims to determine the prevalence of oral HPV infection in young people in Catalonia and to determine the effectiveness of HPV vaccines in the prevention of oral HPV infection. The study includes men and women aged 18 to 29 years who are either university students or workers in hospitals/ research centers/universities.
About the role
We are looking for a candidate to coordinate the project and carry out the following tasks:
- Contact with different universities/hospitals/research centers in Catalonia for planning informative sessions of the study.
- Conduct informative sessions.
- Coordinate with the universities/hospitals/centers for carrying out the field work (questionnaires and collection of biological samples).
- Manage the appointments of the interested students/workers for the questionnaire and sample collection.
- Collaborate in the field work (questionnaires and sample collection).
- Review and update the database of participants
- Collaborate in the preparation of scientific reports
- Research and/or project management
Education and training
- Bachelor degree in Health Sciences (medicine, nursing, biomedical sciences, pharmacy, etc)
- Excellent abilities of working in group and individually
- Excellent organizational and communicative abilities (both oral and written)
- Initiative and motivation to develop the tasks in efficient and collaborative manner
- Good command of MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Team
- Good command of the English and Spanish language
We will value, but not required
- Advance knowledge of database management
- Good command of Catalan language
- Nº of positions: Temporary contract 40h per week
- Start date: 01/09/2021
- Contract duration: 1 year
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Laia Alemany, Head of the Cancer Epidemiology Research Programme
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referee
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 25 June 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
The project leading to this labor contract has received funding from MSD under the project code IISP 58230.