IDIBELL is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to investigate aging of somatic stem cells in the laboratory of Dr. M. Carolina Florian.
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group
The successful candidate will join the group of Dr. Florian which belongs to the Program of Regenerative Medicine at IDIBELL.
This offer is supported by an ERC2020 consolidator grant awarded to Dr. Florian (ERC CoG – ReSinAge_GA: 101002453).
About the role
The candidate will be involved in an international research team focusing on investigating molecular and cellular mechanisms of somatic stem cell aging. The team aims at developing and implementing cutting-edge technologies (3D-confocal microscopy analysis, single cell transplantation, single cell RNA-seq and ATAC-seq, deep learning-based multivariate data analyses) to identify molecular and cellular mechanisms of stem cell aging and to define new potential antiaging therapeutic targets to be validated in pre-clinical models.
- Strong background in somatic stem cell biology and/or hematopoiesis and/or endothelial cell biology
- Experience in handling and characterizing mouse models (FELASA Cat. B) and flow cytometry and cell sorting will be preferred
- Project planning, analytical and critical thinking, ethics and integrity, leadership, information seeking and management.
Education and training
- PhD in Health Sciences: Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedicine, etc.
- FELASA Cat. B accedited certificate and any additional training in work with mouse models and immunocompromised mice
- Advanced training in flow cytometry/cell sorting
- Expertise in epifluorescence and confocal microscopy
- Basic molecular and cell biology techniques (DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, Western blot, cloning, cell culture, transduction and transfection, immunoprecipitation)
- Knowledge of microscopy analysis software (Imaris, Volocity)
- Expertise in bioinformatic data analysis is a plus
- Good command of the English language
We will value
- Project planning
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Ethics and integrity
- Leadership, information seeking and management
- Availability to travel (the project is developed under a consortium with researchers located outside Spain and period of training/exchange abroad might be encouraged).
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Contract duration: 2 years renewable
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. M. Carolina Florian
- A complete CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com or through the IDIBELL Jobs website: http://idibell.cat/ca/institut/uneix-te-a-idibell/ofertes-de-feina.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 01 March 2021.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
The project leading to this labor contract will receive funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under the project code 101002453.