IDIBELL is looking for a Post-Award Management Technician to join the Post-Award Unit.
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group/unit
The Post-Award Unit is in charge of the comprehensive management of the grants awarded, both nationally and internationally. It is responsible for managing the financing granted from its incorporation into the system to the final reports (scientific and economic) and possible subsequent follow up (requirements and audits, among others), through the management of changes during its execution, the control of their expenses and advice to the researcher.
About the role
- Monitoring and updating of the regulations applicable to the grants.
- Control of the execution of project expenses, according to the applicable regulations.
- Management of economic modifications: budget and authorization of expenses.
- Management of duration modifications: extensions and resignations.
- Management of other changes needed: center, principal investigator, research team, methodology or partners.
- Elaboration of economic reports. Coordination and submission of scientific reports.
- Carrying out grants’ external audits.
- Any other duties related to the job as requested to contribute to the general functioning of the Post-Award Unit.
- One year work experience in legal or financial management.
Education and training
- Bachelor’s degree, Economics or Law preferred.
- Strong skills with the Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Numerical skills.
- Good command of the English language
We will value
- Work experience in R+D project management.
- Knowledge of EKON and Fundanet.
- Good command of the Spanish and Catalan languages.
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Contract duration: 1 year, renewable.
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Francisco Galve Agudo
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com or through the IDIBELL Jobs website: http://idibell.cat/ca/institut/uneix-te-a-idibell/ofertes-de-feina.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 26 April 2021.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Carter and Code).