The group of research in epidemiology of haematological cancer at the Catalan Institute of Oncology is looking for an enthusiastic, organized and autonomous PhD student with good academic records interested in applying for grants which will be opened in the following months (PFIS and others) to develop the PhD project centred on understanding the role of infections in the association between obesity and myeloma multiple and its precursors. Based on prospective data, the work will include some field work and coordination of the study as well as analyses combining and integrating detailed epidemiological data from questionnaire, measured anthropometric data as well as genetic, molecular and microbiome data in patients with multiple myeloma, their precursors and individuals without these conditions.
Responsible: Delphine Casabonne
Where: Institut Català d’Oncologia / Programa de Recerca en Epidemiologia del Càncer / Unitat d’Epidemiologia Molecular i Genètica en Infeccions i Càncer (UNIC-Molecular). ICO | IDIBELL|CIBERESP. Gran Via 199-203. 08908 L’Hospitalet de Llobregat .
Main duties and task:
- Participation in PhD grant applications
- Coordination of field work
- Analyse and prepare manuscripts
- Develop thesis on the main topic of the project
- Support in laboratory (optional)
- Graduate in health sciences (Epidemiology, Public Health, Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing, Immunology, Biomedicine, Biotechnology, etc)
- Candidates will be admitted or enrolled in an officially accredited doctoral program at a Spanish university for the academic year 2021-2022
- Have a master’s degree with good records
- Advanced level of English
- Experience and interest in research
- Knowledge of research methodology (clinical and epidemiological trials, cohorts, qualitative research, etc.)
- Statistical knowledge and experience in the management of statistical programs (STATA or R package)
- Ability to work in a team
- Publications and communications to congresses
- Basic training in laboratory work
- Management of the doctoral project
- Salary set by the official scales of the scholarships
- Full day: 37.5h per week (Monday to Friday)
- Incorporation: September 2021 (at the latest). The candidate could start with the group before September 2021 with other internal funding until grant acceptance.
- Join the research group of the Institut Català d’Oncologia / Research Program in Cancer Epidemiology / Unitat d’Epidemiologia Molecular i Genetica en Infeccions i Càncer (UNIC-Molecular).
- Possibility of doing stays in national and international institutions with an agreement with the research group.
Send motivation letter and CV before 04/12/2020 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org