IDIBELL is looking for a MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship candidate to develop a project within autoimmune diseases. The Fellow will be integrated in the Immuno-inflammatory Processes and Gene Therapeutics Group leaded by Dr. Josep M. Aran. Autoimmune diseases, which represent an important cause of morbidity and mortality, affect 5-10% of the world population. Our studies are focused in the identification and characterization of novel physiologic molecules with a protective function against dysregulated immune-inflammatory processes leading to autoimmunity. We use in vitro, in vivo and “multiomics” approaches (single-cell RNA sequencing, proteomics, metabolomics) to decipher the molecular mechanisms and the consequences of immunomodulation in innate immune cells, particularly mononuclear phagocytes, in a creative and collaborative atmosphere. At the translational level, we evaluate the suitability of our identified immunomodulators as prospective clinical biomarkers for a variety of inflammatory conditions and analyze its therapeutic potential in animal models of autoimmune diseases.
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
Requirements (as it is stated in MSCA-PF call):
- In possession of PhD at the call deadline (15/09/2021). Desirable in in Biomedical Science, Biotechnology, Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational biology or related disciplines.
- Up to 8 years research experience after PhD (with exceptions = career breaks, work outside research, research outside Europe for reintegrating researchers).
- Mobility rule: not reside/main activity in Spain more than 12 in the 36 months before call deadline.
Skills and knowledge:
- We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated, organized and talented candidate with strong commitment to translational research and able to team up with a dynamic, young and multidisciplinary research group. Strong communication skills both written and spoken will be acknowledged.
- Fluent English language
- Experience in animal models and animal facility work. Studies performed with animal models of inflammatory pathologies will be highly valued.
- Background in cell culture, molecular and cell biology techniques and, particularly, immunology, proteomics and/or bioinformatics will be highly considered.
- Previous experience in immune cells profiling and standard immunology techniques is desirable.
- Knowledge of statistical programming environment (R) is a plus.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 30 June 2021.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchersand the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers(Carter and Code).