IDIBELL is looking for Health Scientist for the Information and Interventions in Infections and Cancer Unit of the Cancer Epidemiology Research Program (group 105)
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the Program
The Cancer Epidemiology Research Program is leading a project (IISP 58230 MSD) that aims to determine the prevalence of oral HPV infection in young people in Catalonia and to determine the effectiveness of HPV vaccines in the prevention of oral infection. The study includes men and women between the ages of 18 and 29 who are university students or workers in hospitals/ research centers/universities.
About the role
We are looking for a candidate to coordinate the project and carry out the following tasks:·
- Contact and coordination with different faculties/hospitals/research centers in Catalonia for the holding of informative talks on the study·
- Realization of informative talks of the study·
- Coordination with the faculties/hospitals/centers for carrying out the fieldwork (questionnaires and collection of biological samples)·
- Summoning of participants to carry out the fieldwork·
- Revisions and updates of the database of participants
- Previous experience in coordinating research projects
Education and training
- Degree in Health Sciences
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams.
- Advance knowledge in database management
- Good command of the English and Spanish language
- Catalan C1
We will value, but not required
- Very proactive and decisive person, high organizational ability, excellent communicative ability (both oral an written)
- Possession of PhD
- Nº of positions: Temporary contract 40h per week
- Start date: 30/08/2021
- Contract duration: 1 year
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Frederic Rodilla
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 25 June 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
The project leading to this labor contract has received funding from MSD under the project code IISP 58230.