IDIBELL is looking for data entry for the Infections of the Respiratory Tract research group
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group
The Infections of the Respiratory Tract and in Immunocompromised Patients research group focusses its research activity on two main areas: on the one hand, respiratory infections, mainly community-acquired pneumonia and tuberculosis. On the other hand, it deals with immunocompromised-host infections, including cancer patients, haematopoietic stem-cell (bone marrow) and solid-organ transplant patients, and patients with HIV-AIDS infection. Its lines of research focus on various epidemiological, clinical, diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive aspects of these infections.
About the role
Integreation in a Clinical Research Unit as data entry.
Case Report Form training, completion and correction.
Support to Investigators and electronic tool implementation.
- Data entry in medical research
- Previous experience in medical research
Education and training
- Medicine student, or closely related field
- Advanced level user in MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Good command of the English language
We will value, but not required
- Degree in Medicine
- Knowledge in REDcap software
- Nº of positions: 3
- Start date: June 2021
- Contract duration: 4 months
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Cristian Tebé
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 28 June 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).