IDIBELL is looking for a data entry for a multicenter drug evaluation project
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research‘ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group
The mission of the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO) is to work to reduce the impact of cancer in Catalonia. In the breakdown of this mission, together with prevention and research, cancer treatment is found to be an essential part, with the chemotherapy process being a backbone for the institution. Our drugs policy is based on documented criteria of efficacy, safety, quality and efficiency, to promote the rational use of medicines, as well as to develop treatment protocols and guidelines, that contribute to reach therapeutic equity among the patients attended in the ICO and in the regional hospitals of the territory.
The knowledge and orientation of decisions based on results is one of the ICO’s strategic lines.
Hospital pharmacist service provides clinical pharmacy services to inpatients and outpatients alongside doctors and nurses. Pharmacy service plays a key role in drug compounding, dispensing, reviewing and validating prescriptions and providing pharmaceutical care to patients either those treated with standard treatments or included in clinical trials.
Regarding Drugs use policies, hospital pharmacists ensure the safe and effective use of medicines by undertaking and contributing to hospital-wide governance activities through drug evaluations as part of a multidisciplinary team in the drugs and therapeutics committee.
About the role
- Support in clinical charts and chemotherapy treatment reviewing from patients included in an ongoing study focused in cancer treatment.
- Record of patient’s information into clinical and research applications.
- Follow-up meetings with investigators
- Knowledge of cancer and pharmacology
- Knowledge of data entry and computer programs associated with maintaining data bases and spreadsheets.
Education and training
- University degree in Pharmacy (or in their last semester)
- Education in clinical trials
- Office (Outlook, word, excel)
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Good command of the English language
We will value, but not required
- Familiarity with SAP ARGOS electronic medical record system
- Familiarity with ESPOQ prescription program
- No. of positions: 1
- Start date: June 2021
- Contract duration: 6-12 months
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Sandra Fontanals
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate‘s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 07 May 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).