IDIBELL is looking for an Assistant Technician to join the Experimental Nephrology Laboratory.
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group/unit
The interest of the Nephrology research group covers a wide area, from immunology, kidney replacement therapy, transplantation, to chronic kidney disease including diabetic nephropathy and regenerative medicine. Our research is primarily translational, collaborative, and focused on improving the care and health of patients with kidney disease. Our ultimate goal is innovation in disease monitoring and therapy, bringing together basic science with our clinical experience, to move toward personalized medicine in Nephrology.
About the role
- Maintenance and isolation of primary cell cultures of human cells and mice.
- Work with murine models.
- RT-PCR, Western Blot and genotyping.
- Previous internships in a research laboratory
Education and training
- Graduate in sciences related to the health or pharmacological field.
- It is essential to have completed the laboratory animal science course or to be willing to take it soon.
- Good command of the English language
We will value
- Academic qualifications higher than 7.6 in order to apply for a fellowship.
- Motivation for research and for doing a doctorate.
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: 01/03/2021
- Contract duration: 5 months
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Joan Torras
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the IDIBELL Jobs website: http://idibell.cat/ca/institut/uneix-te-a-idibell/ofertes-de-feina.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 25 February 2021.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Carter and Code).