IDIBELL is looking for three Study Coordinator for Oncology Clinical Trials
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the Unit
ICO-L’Hospitalet is a reference hospital for the clinical research in cancer. Their two units (UIC and UFF1) have been participating in 507 clinical trials with active recruitment or with current activities during 2020 and 874 patients decided to participate in them. Many of these trials are testing the most promising therapies in cancer and investigators involved in them are specialized and up-to-date with the latest advances in new treatments. UIC and UFF1 units they are the best professionals who carry out the most demanding clinical trials
About the role
- Coordination of Oncology Clinical Trials (Solid Tumour neoplasms or Haematology Diseases ) into Functional Phase I Unit for early phases or Clinical Research unit for advanced phase trials.
- Performance and application of coordinated procedures between the different clinical services involved in the inclusion, treatment and follow-up of patient’s participation.
- Support to Investigators and electronic tools implementation.
- Management of human tissues between different external referring sites.
- Record of transactions in sponsor’s systems (IWR). Record of trial and patient’s information into clinical and research applications.
- Administrative procedures during the study
- SAE completion
- Case Report Form training, completion and correction. Queries resolution.
- Communication with Sponsors and CROs.
- Preparation and attention to monitoring visits, audits and inspections, internal and external information meetings.
- At minimum of 6 months of experience in oncology or hematology cancer clinical trials ( as coordinator or data entry)
- Coordination or data entry in phase I, II and III cancer trials
Education and training
- Education: Bachelor degree in life Science
- Education In clinical trials and clinical research
- Education in Good Clinical Practices
- Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), internet, patient’s files
- Internet Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) and Patient’s Files
- To organize, order, and perform different activities with knowledge of their influence on the final outcome of a process. Understand the points of view of other people, give help. Ability to work under pressure.
- Good command of the English language
We will value
- Previos experience as Clinical trials Monitor in IDIBELL.
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: Immediately
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Valentín Navarro Pérez
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 8 July 2021.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Carter and Code).