IDIBELL is looking for a Project Manager for the Tobacco Control Unit
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the Unit
The Tobacco Control Unit (UCT) of ICO-IDIBELL developed different research projects and interventions in the area of tobacco control. Our main objectives are to explore the determinants and the ways to prevent and control the consumption of tobacco and the exposure to tobacco smoke, as well as the monitoring of the use of electronic cigarettes and the health risks of use and passive exposure to their aerosols in the population. For this reason, the Unit developes research and intervention projects funded by national or European agencies in collaboration with international research groups. The UCT is accredited as a Grup de Recerca Consolidat by the AGAUR, it is a member of the CIBER on respiratory diseases (CIBERES) and has been designated a WHO Collaborating Center for Tobacco Control. More information about the UCT: www.icoprevencio.cat/uct
About the role
To perform mainly the tasks of the international project management (Joint Action on Tobacco Control 2, JATC2) and other research projects, particularly to:
- Support the Principal Investigator (PI) and researchers of the Unit, leaders of the Work Package (WP) and national coordinators of the JATC2 project, in the project coordination tasks.
- Monitor the participation of the Unit in the development of the different Work Packages (WP), in direct relation with the WP leaders of the JATC2.
- Prepare follow-up and deliverables reports according to the JATC2 Project schedule.
- Prepare and attend JATC2 online and face-to-face coordination meetings.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the scientific reports of the JATC2 and other projects with the PI and researchers of the Unit.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the financial reports of the projects of the Unit with the Department of Management of Research Grants of ICO / IDIBELL.
- Participate in obtaining, interpreting and disseminating results of the JATC2.
- Collaborate in the preparation of applications for national and international projects.
- Research and/or project management
- Participation in international collaborative projects
Education and training
- Bachelor degree preferably in life sciences (medicine, public health, nursing, pshycology, biomedical sciences, human biology, etc).
- Complementary education in public health and epidemiology
- Excellent abilities of working in group and individually
- Initiative and motivation to develop the projects in efficient and collaborative manner
- To be able to multitask and prioritize
- Good command of basic MS Office tools
- Good command of the English and Spanish language
We will value, but not required
- Language: Good command of Catalan language
- Education: epidemiology or public health (Master level)
- Courses: project management
- Knowledge: structure and work of the European Commission funding schemes (Horizon Europe, Health Programme, etc.)
- Abilities: communicative and collaboration with different stakeholders
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: 21/06/2021
- Contract duration: 3 years (renewable yearly) with 2 months on trial
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Esteve Fernández, Head of the Tobacco Control Unit
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 15 June 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).