IDIBELL is looking for a computational postdoctoral researcher to join the Gene Regulation of Cell Identity lab led by Dr. Plass
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group
Research at the Gene Regulation of Cell Identity Group aims at understanding how RNA binding proteins (RBPs) regulate gene expression and how perturbations in these RBPs contribute to the development of neurodegenerative diseases. For this purpose, we use a combination of molecular biology approaches with high-throughput sequencing technologies and computational analyses. Using iPSC based modelling and single-cell transcriptomics, we study how RBPs contribute to cell differentiation and how the transcriptomic networks regulated by these RBPs are altered in the developmeny of neurodegenerative diseases.
For more information on the group, please check group’s website https://p-cmrc.cat/research/plass-group/
About the role
The successful applicant will join an international research team working with cutting-edge technologies to study the function of RBPs in neural differentiation at the single-cell resolution. He/she will develop an independent research project focused on the characterization of RBP function at the single-cell level and its impact on cell differentiation and disease development. The project will require the integration of different types of omics data to model Gene Regulatory Networks controlled by RBPs. Additionally, he/she will collaborate in additional research projects ongoing in the lab related to the study of gene regulation using single-cell transcriptomics.
- Experience with single-cell and/or high-thoughput sequencing analyses
- Knowledge working with Linux environment
Education and training
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Biology, Computer Science or related field
- Strong programming skills in R and a scripting language
- Experience with sequence analysis and/or motif discovery
- Expertise in data analysis and machine learning methods
- Good command of the English language
We will value, but not required
- Prior experience with method development
- Desire to engage in multidisciplinary projects
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Contract duration: 2 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Mireya Plass
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 30 June 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).