IDIBELL is looking for Research assistant for the Immunology Department
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group
The Immunology Department of the Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge is finishing a multicentric project on the immunologic correlates of the different outcomes in COVID 19. This year it will start a new multicentric project to characterize the immune pattern of long COVID-19. This would be achieved by the assessment of the presence of different anti-Interferon neutralizing antibodies
and to study different immune variables, such as lymphoid subpopulations, immunoglobulins and cytokines to identify activated immune response pathways in long Covid patients.
About the role
The fellow will collaborate in the following processes
- Patient recruitment, informed consent and control of sample extraction during follow-up, at the center level and eventually in primary care
- Management and pre- and post-analytical conditioning of biological samples
- Quantification of cytokines, lymphocyte subpopulations and cell culture techniques
- Preparation and maintenance of own database
- Scientific-technical relationship with the other participating centers
- Experience in quality management, mainly UNE-EN ISO 15189
- Experience in clinical laboratory
- Experience in flow cytometry and cell culture techniques
Education and training
- A degree in health sciences with a post degree in Immunology (MIR, BIR, FIR) are mandatory
- Knowledge at master level of statistics and biological data management
- Demonstrable knowledge of biostatistical programs: Rstudio, SPSS, Excel.
- Use of laboratory tools for processing and analysis of cell samples
- Flow cytometry and lymphocyte culture techniques
- Cytokine and autoantibody analysis.
- Good communicative skills in a scientific environment (presentations, meetings)
- Good command of the English language
We will value, but not required
- Master’s degree in bioinformatic or biostatistic
- Knowledge of Catalan will be appreciated
- Participation in past research projects
- Nº of positions: one
- Start date: may 2021
- Contract duration: six months
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 12 May 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).