IDIBELL is looking for a Project Manager for the Post Award Unit
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the unit
Post Award is in charge of the comprehensive management of the grants awarded, both nationally and internationally. It is responsible for managing the financing granted from its incorporation into the system to the final reports (scientific and economic) and possible subsequent follow up (requirements and audits, among others), through the management of changes during its execution, the control of their expenses and advice to the researcher.
About the role
- Monitoring and updating of the regulations applicable to grants. Dialogue with body funders.
- Control of the execution of project expenses, according to the applicable regulations.
- Reporting of national and international awards, preparing the economic reports and collecting scientific reports.
- Carrying out grants external audits.
- Supervise and manage any changes that may arise during the execution of grants: financial, duration, team members, center or methodology.
- Ensuring the correct economic execution of the projects, resolving the incidents detected during their execution, and holding accompanying meetings with the researchers.
- All those others that derive from the job.
- Two years work experience performing similar tasks
Education and training
- Hold a University degree. A management degree will be an advantage (Law or Economics).
- Strong numerical skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Advanced user of MS Office (MS Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Good command of the English language
We will value, but not required
- Good command of the Spanish and Catalan languages.
- Knowledge of EKON and Fundanet.
- Knowledge of the field of biosanitary research.
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: As soon as posible
- Contract duration: 1 year, extendable.
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to José Francisco Galve Agudo
- A CV including contact information
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 31 August 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).