IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group
The Biostatistics Unit of IDIBELL offers statistical consulting services to researchers at the IDIBELL campus, as well as to other public and private entities. Services provided range from study planning to data analysis and assistance with interpretation of the results. The unit works in an integrated manner with the HUB Pharmacology Department and the UICEC platform, where it also provides support and advice regarding clinical trials within the unit. The department also offers seminars and training courses.
Our mission is to provide professional statistical analysis services to clinical researchers. Our goal is to collaborate with teams in the whole research process, not just to serve as a resource that tackles a complex analysis.
About the role
Statistical and methodological advice of clinical and epidemiological studies: case report form and data base design, sample size, statistical analysis plan, data management and advanced data analysis. Results presentation, statistical reports and review of scientific papers. Timely conduct teaching activities in statistics
- Previous experience in statistical analysis in health science field
- Previous experience in statistical consulting
Education and training
- Degree in statistics, mathematics, or a closely related field
- Proficient in statistical software R
- Proficient in statistical analysis
- Good command of the English language
We will value, but not required
- Masters Degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a closely related field
- Knowledge in R packages: Markdown & Shiny
- Knowledge in REDcap software
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: June 2021
- Contract duration: Linked to a project
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Cristian Tebé
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 07 May 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).