The candidates will be involved in a research team focused in the study of the intestinal regeneration as a response to radiation injury. The team aims to develop treatments for cancer survivors who suffer side effects of radiotherapy including acute and chronic radiation-induced enteritis. In order to achieve this goal we will use cutting-edge technologies including: 3-dimensional imaging, organoid cultures, scRNAseq and quantitative lineage tracing. Candidates will work in the study of the acute and chronic phases respectively in order to first boost the intestinal regeneration in the acute phase and secondly to reduce the process of fibrosis during the chronic phase of the disease.
The successful candidate will join the group of Dr. Guiu, which belongs to the Program of Regenerative Medicine at IDIBELL.
- Education: Bachelor and Master in Health Sciences: Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedicine, etc.
- Experience: Background and interest in epithelial regeneration and/or haematopoiesis.
- Languages: Good communication and English language skills
- Technical skills: candidates with certificate for handling mouse models and/or experience with cell culture.
- Soft skills: team player, capacity to work autonomously, project planning capacity, analytical and critical thinking, ethics and integrity and information seeking.
We will value:
- Any expertise in bioinformatic data analysis is a plus.
- Expertise in flow cytometry is a plus.
- Expertise in sequencing approaches is a plus.
- Type of contract: 3 years
- Workday: full-time (40 hours/week)
- Working hours: it is flexible, to be determined with the employer
- Professional Category: PhD student
- Annual gross salary: According to IDIBELL salary bands
- Job location: Regenerative Medicine Area, IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
- Other: Stimulating and international environment, state of the art facilities and cutting edge research.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum vitae
Deadline for sending CVs will be next September 21st, 2020
*All job profiles must be reviewed and accepted by the HR Department in order to guarantee legal and labor compliance, and the principles of the European charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers,
IDIBELL obtained the seal of Excellence in HR in 2015.
This seal represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of HR policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent manner, based on personal merit, aligned with the principles of the European charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers.