IDIBELL is looking for a Translational Research Scientist for Angiotheragnostics
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the project
Angiotheragnostics (www.angiotheragnostics.com) a spin-off company of the Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBELL) and the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO) is seeking a Translational Research Scientist to guide the conduct a scientific project focused on the development of new therapeutic solutions and biomarkers to prevent cancer therapeutic resistance. The Scientists will be responsible for day-to-day research to support the discovery and preclinical development of a novel anticancer therapy.
Duties involve guiding scientific project meetings, managing logistics, and timelines, as well as other related activities. Work will be conducted under supervision of the Group leader Oriol Casanovas at the Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBELL) and the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO) located in Barcelona, Spain.
This is a research management position requiring excellent interpersonal and writing skills, a high level of organization, focus, ability to work under tight deadlines, and familiarity with biomedical research environments.
About the role
- Proactively contribute to AtG´s research activities combining a strong oncology background with solid knowledge and hands on experience.
- Design and conduct experimental work (in vitro and in vivo) for profiling of AtG candidates.
- Data analysis and interpretation of results as required.
- Develop new experimental models (in vivo and in vitro) using state of the art technologies.
- Participate in scientific meetings.
- Keep up to date of relevant scientific literature on the different research areas of interest.
- Write technical documents for public funding grants and regulatory purposes.
- Integrate in AtG´s scientific team.
- Support AtG’s management team.
- Master or PhD degree (or equal by experience) in life sciences.
- Background in oncology is preferred.
- FELASA accreditation.
- Experience in managing early drug development projects (e.g. assay development, target identification, validation, biomarker development…).
Demonstrated knowledge in:
- Functional cell-based assays
- Cell culture
- Ability to plan and conduct experiments and to record and analyze data, in an independent, efficient, and organized manner.
- Project Management Certification is a plus
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Independent, motivated, and collaborative person.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience writing technical/scientific documents: papers, lab protocols, public grants.
We will value
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process/biotech industry.
- Knowledge of biomarkers development in oncology.
- Experience with in vivo imaging techniques.
- Experience with lab software: GraphPad, Microsoft Office, IVIS, electronic notebook.
- Previous experience with public grants writing and management.
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan.
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: Immediately
- Contract duration: Full-time contract in an exciting international biotech start-up environment
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Gabriela Jiménez
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 26 August 2021.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Carter and Code).