IDIBELL is looking for Postdoctoral Research for the Resistance Mechanisms in Prostate Cancer Group
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group
The Resistance Mechanisms in Prostate Cancer group led by Dr Alvaro Aytes utilizes Genetically-Engineered Mouse (GEM) and cell culture models of prostate cancer to elucidate mechanisms of progression to advanced, metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer. We also incorporate Cancer Systems Biology approaches to conduct cross-species studies in mouse and human specimens to design experimental therapeutics and preclinical investigations.
About the role
The candidate will join the Lab to lead a funded project by the AECC aiming at dissecting the mutually antagonistic role of the Ezh2 and Swi/Snf in castration resistant prostate cancer and how the deregulation of the balance between both chromatin remodeling factors impinges on cellular plasticity and anti-androgen treatment sensitivity in prostate cancer. The project will involve chromatin profiling coupled with proteomics and functional validation studies to ascertain how anti-androgen sensitivity and resistance is affected.
Education and training
- BSc in life sciences (Biology, Biomedicine, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, (Bio)Physics…)
- PhD in cancer research and/or Computational biology/bioinformatics
- At least one first/co-first author paper with submitted, accepted, or published status in Q1/D1 journals is required.
- Experience in either ChIPseq, CUT&RUN and/or ATAC library preps
- Experience in gene editing using CRISPR for labeling, KO and or mutation modeling
- Experience in cell culture and organoid culture
- Good command of the English language
We will value, but not required
- Previous postdoctoral experience inn transcriptional regulation and/or chromatin bilogy will be valued.
- Organoid culture
- Flow cytometry
- Mouse colony handling and experim
- Transgenic mouse models colony handling and preclinical study design
- A background in cancer genomics and next-generation sequencing data analysis in R and/or Python is highly valued.
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: 01/12/2021
- Contract duration: 3 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Alvaro Aytes
- A CV including contact information
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 5 October 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
The project leading to this labor contract has received funding from AECC and Department of Defense of the U.S.A.