IDIBELL is looking for PhD candidate to join Dr. Florian’s lab and investigate the aging leukemic niche
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
IDIBELL is located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona. It is a member of the Campus of International Excellence of the University of Barcelona (HUBc) and Research Centers of Catalonia (CERCA). In 2009, it became one of the first five Spanish research centers accredited as a health research institute by the Health Institute Carlos III. In 2015, the European Commission recognized IDIBELL with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award, which identifies IDIBELL as a provider and supporter of a stimulating research work environment.
About the research group
The successful candidate will join the group of Dr. Florian which belongs to the Program of Regenerative Medicine at IDIBELL.
About the role
The candidate will be involved in an international research team focusing on investigating how aging remodels the bone marrow niche during leukemia development. The team aims at developing and implementing cutting-edge technologies (3D-whole mount bone marrow microscopy analysis, single cell transplantation, single cell RNA-seq and ATAC-seq, deep learning-based multivariate data analyses) to identify new potential therapeutic targets to be validated in pre-clinical models. The candidate will be working in developing and validating the aged leukemia mouse model, in profiling by single cell sequencing techniques and by whole-mount histology the alterations in the niche and in the pre-clinical validation of the identified targets.
- MSc in life sciences
Education and training
- background in hematopoietic stem cell biology and/or leukemia
- candidates with experience in handling and characterizing leukemic mouse models (FELASA B) and/or xeno-transplantations and flow cytometry and cell sorting will be preferred
- Good command of the English language
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: may 2021
- Contract duration: 4 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
We provide a highly stimulating working environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional development opportunities.
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) practices.
We offer and promote diverse and inclusive working conditions and applicants are made free from any discrimination based on age, national original, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to reconciliation of work and family life such as employees can benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Florian
- A CV including contact information
- Contact details of two referees
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate’s CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 10 May 2021.
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
The ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
The project leading to this labor contract has received funding from Fundació “la Caixa” under the project code LCF/PR/HR20-00800.